This week’s recommendations are brought to you by Sleepytime tea from my Feliz Navidad mug. There are not many better things in life.
– As Sure As the Sun by Ellie Holcomb. I love Ellie’s voice and her thoughts and her faith and the scripture that is woven into every song. You should buy this album and listen to it.
On the Web:
– The Cost. Everyone always thinks that life is harder for them. This is a beautiful look at how we’re all the same.
– Christian Identity and the Church as Family. There’s been a lot of talk lately about why church is important, especially since Donald Miller’s controversial blogs. The Church as family is one of the best ways I can think of for getting people to stay.
– The Long Way. “It is enough to know that she was willing to risk punctuality for the sake of something lovely. She is learning to differentiate between what is expedient and what is meaningful. I am overjoyed that she is beginning to listen to the call of a place whose rewards are worth the price of practicality.” Let’s teach our children this.
– How to Build a Writer’s Platform. Maybe things aren’t as different as we think they are.
On My Bookshelf:
– Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen. I love Nouwen and I am excited to get started on this one.
What about you? What’s on your computer/bookshelf/iPod this week?