This week’s recommendations are brought to you by cray international weekend trips:
– The Road Recordings by The Brilliance. So hipster. So chill. So fun.
– Bill Nye and Ken Ham’s Debate on Creationism and Evolutionism. Two smart men who fundamentally disagree. I love arguments.
On the Web:
– Share this with all the schools, please. Yay teachers. I love her idea, I think we’ll try it out this week.
– Sinners in the Hands. This is a fascinating, if somewhat long, read.
– Bill Nye: Why I’m debating creationist Ken Ham. “It seems to me that Ham is a fundamentalist. Around the world there are billions of people, who embrace the facts and process of modern science, and they enjoy their faith. By all accounts, their faith enriches their lives. These people have no conflict with their faith and science. Ham is unique in this regard.”
On My Bookshelf:
– To Live is Christ To Die is Gain by Matt Chandler. Still working on this one. I’ll give thoughts when I’ve made it a bit farther.
I’ll be honest, I didn’t watch any more Oscar nominees this week. I decided to spend 48 hours in Nashville instead. Check out last week’s post for my thoughts so far.
But last week’s Parks and Rec episode was one of my favorites ever. We’ll miss you, Anne and Chris!
What about you? What’s on your computer/bookshelf/iPod this week?